Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Mid-Year Update

A friend gigged me for not updating my blog, especially when so much has happened in the past two months. In my defense, that's why I haven't updated my blog :o)

I attended the Blue Ridge Mountain conference in May. After hearing the exceptional keynote speech by Jim Watkins, receiving favorable reviews from my critiquer, and attending the "15 Minutes with an Editor--What Should You Do" workshop lead by Eva Marie Everson, I sat down with a publisher and pitched Learning to Live Again. I can't recall what nonsense spewed out of my mouth when she requested material, but I managed to pull myself together (after making an idiot of myself, I'm sure) before I took the contact information, shook her hand, and walked out the door.

I spent the next three weeks polishing the manuscript and putting together a proposal. I emailed it on June 13th, and nearly had a heart attack when I received a response the next day. Fortunately, it turned out to be an acknowledgment.

The entire experience thrilled me and I'm ready to do it again. I wish I could attend the ACFW conference in Dallas, and who knows, maybe the opportunity will arise. I'll keep you posted. Really. I will this time.

Kimberli

1 comment:

elysabeth said...

Time to update again - you have more news to post even if it is just a blip - go for it - E :0