Saturday, May 23, 2009

Books I'm Reading

I have a shelf full of writing books, some actually on the shelf, some strewn around the house. The books strewn are those I'm reading, and you'll find all manner of pens or bits of paper stuck between the pages, marking my spot. (Such randomness is a new concept for me, but I'm learning to appreciate its diverse nature.) These include:

The Plot Thickens by Noah Lukeman
Write Tight by William Brohaugh
Writing the Breakout Novel Workbook by Donald Maass
Description by Monica Wood

The books on the shelf that I haven't read sit there, taunting me, but I'll get to them. I enjoy learning about the craft of writing as much as I enjoy writing.

But I don't know what I'll do when I dive back into Kempton's Dialogue. I've no problem reading it, but doing the exercises seem pointless without feedback. That's one book that should be done in a group, which, unfortunately, this area is without.

No comments: