Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Common Denominator

I'm highly amused. Yesterday, while driving to a Women-In-Church meeting, I popped on a CD someone graciously purchased for me at the recent Blue Ridge conference. In it, Cecil Murphy talked about the day he quit writing. I expected to hear stories of feelings and rejections I'm very well acquainted with, lost dreams and the whatnot, but I could barely drive for laughing when he said something along the lines of polishing his resume so he could find a desk job.

Not two hours before that, I started making plans to find a part-time job. The idea of having my own little desk and files, and a phone to answer sounded heavenly. Oh my, what a hoot.

I still plan on finding that desk, but I think I'll pick up one of my writing books and go through another chapter.

No comments: