Thursday, September 03, 2009

Breaking Up Is....Well, Not So Hard to Do

Not when you've been scorched too many times. But I'm having a classic break-up reaction nontheless. I stored all my writing books in the back room where I can't see them. Unfollowed writing contacts on Twitter. Make snarky comments about writing to no one in particular. I also catch myself singing Jewel's You Were Meant for Me, and Rascal Flatt's Moving On.

But I'm laughing about it.

If you'd like to support me during this "difficult" time, click on the YouTube video below and sing along. Seriously. I'd love it.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Hi, Kimberli. I think we need to start a recovering novelist support group. I really grieved over the decision to give up my dream. I know it's tough but that God has a bigger plan.

Kimberli said...

:o) I thought the same thing, Julie. That perhaps Redeeming Time could be a meeting place for those of us who, for whatever reason, had to give up our writing goals.

Pull up a comfy chair. Let's sip hot chocolate and nurse our wounds, lol.