Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Oh, That Had to Hurt!

Before leaving for the conference, I mentioned changes I intended to make to this blog. Having attended the workshop, I've decided the changes are going to be a bit more extensive than I'd originally planned. In short, I got the remaining wind knocked out of me, so for now, I'm taking my writing life off life support.

My new vision for the blog remains the same, but I'll expand my topics. Why? Because writers take the entire world around them and manipulate the elements into their work. While I'm not writing novels at the moment--can't stand the thought of it--I'm still thinking about my stories, and like a bird building a nest, will continue to collect material for them as I come across it.

On the bright side, this blog is about to get a heck of a lot more interesting! :o)

4 comments:

Magicmomma said...

Kimberli,
I can't say I really truly understand your feelings and the decisions you've made or the changes you've got in mind, but I know that everyone needs time and the freedom to re-invent themselves. I hope that you are feeling positive about the decision and changes both.

Dana

Kimberli said...

Thank you, Dana. I didn't make the reasons clear in my posts yet; I'm working my way toward it, though. In short, it has a lot to do with my hiking this trail solo for too long, and having to learn much about writing on my own, only to encounter one set of rules and then another, each of which set me back. It was endless, and no matter how close I came, it was never close enough. I just couldn't break through.

When it happened again during the workshop, and I was faced with completely restructuring my novels to make them fit the genre, something died inside of me and I said that's it.

I am feeling good about it now, thanks, though it hurt a lot at first. I'm not yet sure what I'll do to fill the hours I spent learning the craft or actually writing, but I'll come up with something. Thanks much for your support.

Magicmomma said...

You're welcome. We all need one thing in common... not only the freedom to reinvent ourselves, change our dreams, but the knowledge we'll be accepted and loved by our friends no matter what. You've got that from me. And lots of others I would bet Ca$h money! Hugs to you my friend. {{{{{{{}}}}}}}}
Dana Bee

Kimberli said...

Thank you, ma'am. I do appreciate it.