Saturday, September 26, 2009

South Carolina

No, I'm not confusing this blog with my Carolina Towns and Trails. My husband and I just returned from a trip to South Carolina, where he attended a conference in Columbia. We didn't have time to explore--the conference took up the afternoon and evening of the first day, and the entire next morning. Instead of sitting in our grungy little hotel room (I hope never again to stay at the Rodeway Inn in Columbia), I attended the conference with Kelley, and listened to the presentations as I crocheted a couple projects.

At the end of the conference, we headed to the Charleston area for a day of R&R. Using our Hilton Honors points, we made a reservation at the Hampton Inn in Daniels Island. I stayed here twice in the past while attending a class and a conference at nearby Blackbaud, so I knew what to expect. And we weren't disappointed.

Like the majority of the Hampton Inns we've stayed at, the hotel was roomy, clean, and comfortable. Daniels Island is a bit of an unique experience though, but more on that in my CT&T blog post. More also on our trip into Charleston's Historic District and the journey home, which brought back a lot of good memories. I'll have some photos too, despite the fact I broke the 55mm lens on my Nikon the day before we left. Like the pirates of the Carolinas would say, argh.

No comments: