Saturday, May 15, 2010

Book Review: Crossing Oceans

I don't usually do book reviews, but I picked up one of those novels that becomes an experience, and lingers in the heart and mind long after the cover is closed. A summary is below, but it includes a bit of a spoiler.

Crossing Oceans is Gina Holmes' stunning debut novel about a woman whose illness forces her to return home and face her father--and the man who doesn't know he's the father of her child.

Told in vivid prose, Gina draws the reader into the life and journey of Jenny Lucas in a story that captures emotions, drawing tears at times, and bittersweet laughter at others. Though classified as Christian Fiction, this finely-crafted piece will no doubt cross into the mainstream market.

I loved it so much, I made my own tribute while at the beach.


Buy two. You'll want to share.

2 comments:

Gina Holmes said...

You made my day. Thank you!

Kimberli said...

Thank you, Gina! And you made mine with that novel. The details and story are absolutely breathtaking, as is your writing.

I finished it at dawn.

Thank you for sharing that story, and for taking time to leave a comment. Best wishes on your next project!

Will it be released soon? lol