Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Rhythm of Life

I'm not a fan of the unsettled life. Times of uncertainty, doubt. The valleys we often traverse, whether deep or shallow. Yet this is part of a Christian's sanctification, meaning God uses these trials to work in us character, patience, obedience. Still, such times are difficult to endure.

At times, I grow weary, then wearier. Often, this is the point I need to reach to learn a lesson. As the Lord told Paul, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Instead of resting in that promise and thanking him for His grace, I ask why. My sanctification is far from complete.

This morning, while verifying the spelling of the word "rhythm" for use in my Facebook status (I tend to transpose the initial h and the y), my eye caught the following definition:

rhythm
: an ordered recurrent alternation of strong and weak elements... 

Alternation of strong and weak elements. A monumental truth in a simple definition. Mountain peaks wouldn't be peaks without the valleys. I wouldn't recognize good times without the contrast of the bad.

God's strength in weakness.

All part of the rhythm of life.

No comments: