Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Home Again

Back from South Carolina and Texas. We're unpacked and the dog is home from the kennel. Still, after such a long absence, life hasn't quite returned to normal yet, and little changes that occurred during the past two weeks enhance that feeling. My day lilies gave up the ghost. Morning glories took over my azalea bed. Something sent a hose nozzle crashing to the deck, breaking it into pieces. I feel as if I'm playing "spot the differences" in my own home, lol.

Once I re-acclimate myself, I'll start blogging: about the trip, a creature called Half-Price books where I found an excellent copy of Gina Holmes Crossing Oceans to give to a friend (last I heard, it was #19 on the CBA bestsellers list. Have you read it yet? You're missing out) and more.

Do I have photos to share? A few, but, of all things, clouds. My camera is a mess, and I need a new standard lens, so I'm not taking a lot of photos these days. I did snap these during the long drive to and from the center of the country. You can easily see how clouds managed to get and keep my attention:




But, like Dorothy said, there's no place like home, and I'm glad to be back.

No comments: