Thursday, December 30, 2010

Beginning at the End

Christmas is over, and as every other Facebook status in my newsfeed points out, the new year is fast approaching. We had an interesting end to the year when six or more inches of snow blanketed eastern North Carolina the day after Christmas. I snapped this photo the day after the snow fell.


Days later, white mounds of fluff rest on tree boughs and across fields. Inside our house, Christmas decorations are packed and the living room is as bright and clean as the sparkling white plains. Another reminder that a new year is upon us. Another turn around the sun. Another set of seasons, familiar, yet new.

After several tough years, by God's grace--for I did nothing, but more on that later--2011 starts with opportunities. My goal of Writing Carolina begins with a short story soon to be released on Christian Fiction Online Magazine. Set atop Cold Mountain, fitting for a January release, the story is a modified excerpt from a novel I've yet to write. I'm also working on a proposal for a Lowcountry story, which requires research into Charlestons history. I've gained knowledge from both experiences, and hope others will as well.

Whatever your circumstances, I pray 2011 will be a year of peace. Seem impossible? As a friend of Jesus wrote nearly two thousand years ago, Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

Happy New Year, and God bless.

No comments: